Let Everything that has Breath praise the LORD . Psalms 150: 6

Sunday, June 26, 2011

I am A stay at home mom

I  struggled ( and still do somedays) with with the feelings of failure or like i am not a contributing member of the household . I have been a stay at home mom now for almost 3 years and i do babysit to help bring in a little income while my husband is in school for plumbing ( we got 1 more year left). I dont always feel like i am making a difference and that it would be easier to simply put them in daycare and go to work ( but that would be point less i would be working to pay daycare)  . I remember on the days that i feel like this that the benefits my children are recieving far out weigh the feelings i feel and we may not see the benefits or the difference right away but later on when our children are older we will . Being a stay at home mom takes alot of paitences and strength . One thing i miss is the Adult interaction that i had when i worked and the relationships i deleveoped .  Chris gets to have outside relationships from work and such that spills over into his outside of work time and that sometimes leaves me staying at home in the evenings as well . I have come to realise that i need to find other moms who are in the same stage of life as i am and am working on that. its hard cuz i babysit and alot of my friends are busy working or taking care of their own kids  .

1 comment:

  1. It can be a tough season, Tess, but I can testify to the fact that the season your in is a short one! I'm so thankful that I stayed home with my kids, besides teaching two evenings a week. I'm still at home more than I work, and the kids are all in school full time. But we've managed. We don't have all the 'toys' and can't take all the trips, but we have a solid and stable and loving family unit, which far outweighs a few extra dollars! Be encouraged! Find a moms prayer group to join, where your kids can be a part of that group and see how you lift them up in prayer, and where they can see there mom being prayed for! That was a huge part of our baby years! Be blessed as you bless your family!!!

    ReplyDelete